A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 1 March 2019

One Corner and a Grid Poinsettias

I've got cards for two different challenges today.

First up, the AAA Cards challenge:


This was hard for me as I like my images to be centred and symmetrical but it made me think of a Tim Holtz stamp I have that sort of creates a corner.


I stamped and heat embossed the poinsettias with red glitter embossing powder, and then did the same in gold embossing powder with the sentiment - I debated whether to put it below or in the right angle of the poinsettias but went below to balance the tall side of the card with the shorter top side.

Die cut with a stitched rectangle, popped up on fun foam, and added gold sequins to the centre of each poinsettia.

I covered the optional twist of "music" by using a Christmas carol title for my sentiment!


Next up, the Addicted to CAS challenge:


Another Christmas card for this challenge:


I put the stamp in my MISTI and inked it up with various mini Distress inks and markers, spritzing lightly and stamping between each colour.  When it was dry, I sponged around it with Antique Linen so that there would be contrast on the background for the grid.  Then I stamped over it with grid stamp and heat embossed in white.

Popped it up on fun foam, added brown gemstones to the centre of the poinsettia, and die cut the sentiment out of brown cs.

Two more for the Christmas stash!!  Thanks for stopping by.






Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black poinsettia, unknown grid stamp
Ink - various Distress inks and markers
Paper - watercolour paper, brown and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - white embossing powder, brown gemstones, Tattered Lace sentiment die, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. Two beautiful poinsettia cards, Susan! Love the corner stamp and I'm going to be singing Joy to the World all night! The grid is so pretty on the large, gorgeous red poinsettia. Love the sponging that frames it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. two wonderful Cards Susan, I love the off set stamping in the corner. I think because I always struggle with getting things perfectly symmetrical so it's easier to off set :) great idea with the grid , love the image framed in those squares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Poinsettia's, Susan! I love the sparkly trio on your first card and how you added the grid pattern on the 2nd one...your shading is so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are very striking Susan. The first perfectly CAS and love the 'corner' image and the second card so contemporary and eye catching x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the design of the first card, it really draws your eye right to the poinsettias and sentiment. What a unique grid card. I didn't know there was a grid stamp. It made a very cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How stunningly gorgeous is your card! Love your choice of stamps to place in the corner. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both poinsettia cards are beautiful, Susan. Great use of that stamp for the corner challenge. Gorgeous MISTI stamping/watercoloring on your grid card. I really love that grid technique. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards Susan! LOVE those three poinsettia heat embossed in the red glitter embossing powder. You can really see the sparkle. And your grid card is so unique and creative. I have not had a lot of success with this technique, but you sure have. So pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful CAS card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.