A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 22 March 2019

Faux Mother of Pearl Flower

It's "Anything Goes" at the Flower Challenge this month.


Here's my card:


I used the faux mother of pearl technique through a stencil. I started by scrunching up some cling wrap, pouncing it into some Frost White paint that I'd put on my craft mat, and then pouncing that randomly through my stencil. I washed and dried the stencil, then replaced it over the Frost White (but didn't quite get it lined up - darn). I sponged over the stencil with two shades of Distress orange inks and one green.

I trimmed the panel, bordered with green, added a brown sentiment, popped it up on fun foam, and embellished with three orange sequins.

Here's a close-up of the faux mother of pearl:


Thanks for stopping by today!




Supplies:
Stamps - A Muse sentiment
Ink - Ranger Potting Soil, Distress Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral, and Peeled Paint
Paper - white and green cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tsukineko Frost White paint, Artplorations Happy Flowers stencil, orange sequins, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Susan, the FMOP really glistens in the light, it adds so much depth of colour and shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful way to use this stencil, Susan! Love those orange flowers and how the frost white paint adds shimmer and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful technique Susan! Love the shine on this. After seeing your pretty card I am definitely going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Susan. The shimmer is so pretty. Haven’t seen this technique done with stencils... clever idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty with that hint of shine. I love the orange flowers and those orange sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty...one of my fav stencils.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab technique. Love the bright colours you chose and the pearlescent shimmer on top. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at The Flower Challenge.
    Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh this card is so eye catching and what a fantastic technique. The colours are vibrant and the effect is stunning....love it x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful Susan. Love the FMOP through a stencil. These large flowers really show off the effect. The bright orange is so happy ... Spring is HERE! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.