A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 25 March 2019

Red Birds on an Ornament

Lauren and Stephanie over at Jingle Belles have challenged us to put birds on our Christmas cards.


I had a gold card board from underneath a French pastry I recently bought. It was still very clean after I'd eaten the pastry, and too perfect to throw away - and perfectly ornament-shaped with the tab at the top!

I added a green shimmer holly die cut, two die cut red birds and a sentiment, then embellished with dark red gemstones for the holly berries. I "hung" the ornament with gold cord from the top of the card base.

I might have to go back to that pastry shop again!





Supplies:
Paper - cream, red, and green shimmer cs, gold cardboard cake board
Size - A2
Accessories - Penny Black holly die, Tattered Lace "merry" die, Memory Box bird dies, dark red gemstones, gold cord



8 comments:

  1. beautiful Susan, I love those little pastry servers. Such a great up-cycling project and the shape is so perfect for a Christmas ornament

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just perfect for a Christmas ornament. You have to order the pastries more often ... and invite me over when you do! :) Beautiful gold ornament adorned with your sweet birds and holly. Great card Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little birdie scene inside your ornament ... so very glad you #putabirdonit with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely think you should go back to that pastry shop, Susan! Pastry with a bonus card sounds like a winner to me! A beautiful gold ornament with the holly and red birds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great excuse to eat pastries and make a return trip x So creative and such a beautiful and shiny card x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh WOW... i assumed you diecut the pastry cardstock thing into an ornament shape, but NO, it came exactly like that?! how awesome! and you've made it the center of an incredibly cool card! thanks for celebrating "season's tweetings" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I should check pastry servers before I throw them away, Susan! ;-)
    I think adding the dark red gemstones/berries to the holly made a big difference, and I love the way you hung the ornament from the top of the card base.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what brilliant upcycling, Susan! Makes for a stunning ornament. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.