A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 17 March 2019

Reindeer Gazing on the Star of Wonder

Have you entered a card in the CAS Christmas challenge yet?  I'm hosting this month, and I chose "Deer" as the theme.


I wanted to do something quite different to the card I did for the opening of the challenge.


I started by sponging the deep blue sky, adding a bit of gold sponging in the area where the star would be giving off light.  I die cut two of the star of wonder, gluing them together to give that star more substance than the three small stars that were just single layers.

I tore two strips of white cs for snowy ground.  I stamped my sentiment on the lower one - it's actually just the first line of a longer sentiment.  I die cut the reindeer out of dark bronze shimmer cs (unfortunately it looks black in the photo) and added it to the upper strip of snow in a position where he is looking up at the star of wonder.  I put a bit of foam tape under his neck and head to emphasize him looking up.


It's CAS Christmas's first birthday, so we'd love to have you join us this month!


You have until March 24th to link up your card.  For more inspiration, head over to CAS Christmas and take a look at the cards by the rest of the Design Team and this month's Guest Designer, Chrissie (Simply One of a Kind).






Supplies:
Stamps - Serendipity sentiment
Ink - Delicata Golden Glitz, Distress Chipped Sapphire
Paper - white, gold shimmer, and dark bronze shimmer cs
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - Dee's Distinctively deer die, Memory Box Star of Wonder die, small star die, foam tape



9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great challenge, Susan. Love your sky with the gold stars and your majestic deer looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scene making and the deer sure does look enthralled with the beautiful star. Striking Deer Christmas card Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful Challenge Susan, great card with your amazing star filled sky and resting deer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Susan. So happy I got to see this IRL as it look even more amazing! Love the beautiful blended sky with the star shining brightly. Your deer is so sweet looking up at the star and gorgeous cut from bronze card stock. Beautifully designed card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Susan!. What a great sky!
    Thanks so much for having me as GD this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this delightful deer who looks like he is really enjoying the snow and stars! A wonderful scene, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the glow around the star and this whole design. The deer looking up is so sweet and goes along well with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The deer gazing up into the starry night sky is peaceful and serene. Beautiful ink blended sky and wonderful glow effect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely peaceful scene you've created, Susan. I like the glowing effect you did for the star and the torn strips for snow drifts around that beautiful shimmery deer. XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.