A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 7 March 2019

Spring Daffodils

When I saw this Paper Players challenge, I knew I had to do it, as Vancouver has had a very long snowy spell and I'm really looking forward to spring:


Here's my card:


I stamped the daffodils and painted with watercolours. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment over the leaves. Trimmed the panel, bordered with a wonky stitched rectangle, and popped it up on fun foam. I added a drop of yellow liquid pearls to the centre of each daffodil.

Is everyone else as eager for spring as I am?





Supplies:
Stamps - Northwoods daffodils, TH sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, ivory cs
Size - A2
Accessories - clear embossing powder, Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, liquid yellow pearl drops, fun foam, MFT wonky stitched rectangle die



8 comments:

  1. Susan, this is such a perfect image for a get well card. Wonderful watercolouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan I too am done with winter - your cheery daffodils are just like the ones blooming in my garden this week, a sure sign that Spring and warmer days are finally on their way. Beautifully watercoloured - the perfect get-well pick-me-up. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daffodils are lovely Susan and yes, I too am soooo done with Winter! The sun is shining today though and it's supposed to get up to 35 degrees, so I'll take it as it sure beats the single digit temps and no sun we've had for the past 4 months!! Hang in there!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am eager for Spring and I think your card says Spring....It is so pretty, so delicate and so very pretty x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daffodils are so pretty, Susan! The yellow is bright and as welcoming as Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daffodils are a welcome sight, Susan. I'm getting a little sick of the cold and snow. Time for the warmer weather. Your card is full of sunshine, which is exactly what we need! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, congrats on another Cut Above honours at TPP. Well deserved. Daffodils definitely represents spring and once again your watercolouring is beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fresh and pretty, Susan ... delicious colouring ... a harbinger of spring indeed! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.