A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 21 March 2019

Take 3 Vintage Santas

Less is More has a fun challenge right now:


They want something where you have three of an item.  I chose to go with three inchies of vintage Santas:


I stamped them and the sentiment with a brown ink on Vintage Cream cs, bordered with a piece of homemade red paper from my stash, and mounted on the same cream cs. I made it a long narrow card as it suited the three images in a row.

I'm also entering it the Sparkles Christmas Challenge where "Vintage" is the theme for March.






Supplies:
Stamps - Darkroom Door Christmas Inchies, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Fallen Leaves
Paper - PTI Vintage Cream, handmade red paper
Size - 7"x3.5"



13 comments:

  1. Love the long narrow card, Susan! The brown ink and cream card are perfect for this vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stamp collection intrigues me almost every time you post a card. Love these vintage Santas on your inchies. I also love that you kept this simple but added that wonderful splash of red with your border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your long narrow vintage Santa card design, Susan. Perfect for your 3 vintage Santas. TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I love the vintage classic look of your three Santas, you matched the look perfectly with the red and cream. I also love the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clean and crisp and really lets the Santa's take center stage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful vintage card Susan and I love your three Santa’s. Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great vintage make for the LIM challenge

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome cards, love the vintage Santas….I have a collection that I love getting out every yr.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to be late in commenting....The vintage style of your card looks wonderful and I do so like the landscape layout...gorgeous card x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this looks wonderful! So fun you've combined vintage feel images with CAS style -very unexpected and effective! The pop of red was a great idea. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These vintage images are so beautiful. Great design for a long card Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your vintage Santa images, great card

    Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love those vintage santas, lovely images especially all three together. Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.