A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 3 March 2019

Reindeer and a Tree

Spring is coming but we're wanting you to think of Christmas and make a card for the March CAS Christmas Challenge:


Also, it's a special month for CAS Christmas as it's our first birthday - so we're celebrating our first very successful year!


Here's my card for the reindeer challenge:


I love these little Viva Decor stamps - there's a series of them in the set - this reindeer, one with winter birds, and one with a winter tree.

I kept my card incredibly simple, and in black and white as I like to have some cards that would work well as masculine Christmas cards.

I stamped the image, then fussy cut it.  I dry embossed the tree to give texture to the background, offset the fussy cut image, and bordered the panel in black.  It would be a great card to mass produce, if you were so inclined.

Please head on over to CAS Christmas to see the rest of the cards made by our Design Team and this month's Guest Designer, the talented Chrissie (Simply One of a Kind).  And then link up your clean and simple card featuring reindeer.






Supplies:
Stamps - Viva Decor
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - TH tree embossing folder



14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the challenge Susan. Very unique design. Lovely card. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great Challenge Susan, and love your totally CAS black and white card. Perfect as a masculine Christmas Card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the black and white. Could also see this in red and white or maybe teal and white. Still a great neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully crisp and clean! Love this stamped image with the dry embossing and that you've kept it black and white! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliantly masculine and CAS... and definitely perfect for mass producing. Love the embossed tree in the background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great masculine Christmas card Susan! Love it done in black and white --- classic combo. Fun challenge Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this stamp! It sounds like a nice set. Definitely a perfect masculine Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the black and white. It seems perfect for the winter scene with the deer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the artsy and dimensional qualities of this cool card, Susan, ending with a classic matting! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. The contrast with the dry embossing and the fussy cute cute image looks so striking. Wonderful CAS card x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic black and white CAS Christmas card, Susan! The dry embossed tree is perfect for the deer stamped image in terms of the weight and the size balance. Great choice! I'm joining this fun challenge very soon.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely stamp with the text background, sentiment and image all in one! Your embossed tree gives great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that deer stamp with the text, very fun! It does make for a very easy masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, Susan, and I love the challenge theme! That deer with text stamp looks amazing and I love the embossed tree with it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.