A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 15 March 2019

Gorgeous Greens

Two cards for some colour challenges.  First up, this one:


I put the "Berry Branch" stamp in my MISTI and inked it up with different green mini Distress inks, spritzed lightly and stamped onto mixed media cs, repeating till I was happy with it.  I trimmed the panel and added it to a green cardbase.   Some of my inking and spritzing made a blob in the middle so I covered that with my stamped and heat embossed sentiment.  I added rhinestone stickers to the berries (the berries are on the mistletoe branches so needed to be white - no berries on the holly branch).

It's going off to two challenges that must have St. Patricks Day in mind:

The Male Room - Gorgeous Greens




Krafty Chicks - Shades of Green

And since one of the branches is mistletoe, it's heading off to this challenge as well:

Christmas Cards All Year Round - Under the Mistletoe






Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black "A Berry Branch", SU sentiment
Ink - Distress Pine Needles and Bundled Sage, Versamark
Paper - green and mixed media cs
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - Sizzix label die, Platinum embossing powder, Recollections Rhinestone Stickers, foam tape



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful shades of green and sentiment, Susan. TFS Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your mistle toe and holly card Susan. The branches are so beautifully done. And great save wth your awesome sentiment poem in the center. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've used both kinds of greenery on this card! The sentiment is perfect and I wouldn't have know it was covering an oops! Great save!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sentiment and a great way to save a blob. Your card is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation! Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the greens, beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along at The Male Room craft challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.