A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 9 March 2019

Teddy Bear's Christmas Ride


I just discovered a new Christmas card challenge that just started up this year - Christmas Kickstart Challenge.  The current challenge is "Have a Very Bear-y Christmas".

Here's my card:


I have a very old SU stamp (no idea what set it is from) that I found in a garage sale. Stamped, watercoloured, trimmed with a stitched square die, and thinly bordered with red and green to keep it traditionally Christmas and to match the saddle and the bear's ribbon. I stamped the sentiment as if it were coming out of the bear's horn / trumpet.

Looking forward to playing along with this challenge again!

And I'm taking the card over to Jingle Belles where the current challenge is to incorporate music notes, sheet music, or instruments - the teddy bear has an instrument.





Supplies:
Stamps - SU rocking horse, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper; red, green, and cream cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Lil Inker stitched square die, Gansai Tambi watercolour paints



11 comments:

  1. such a sweet image Susan and I love your sentiment flowing out of the horn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely ADORABLE card Susan...I love that image you used!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet bear on his rocking horse, Susan! I love how you have the sentiment coming out his bugle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable image, wonderful colouring and what a fun idea with the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet, Susan! Love the coloring and matting and how you placed the sediment coming out of the horn!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable image. Beautifully coloured. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card Susan! Love your teddy on the rocking horse! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan, how lovely that you've discovered Christmas Kickstart! Your card is adorable I love how the sentiment is coming from the trumpet - how sweet and clever. I also like your double border. Thanks for joining the fun at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww I love your little teddy! Thanks for playing along at Christmas Kickstart :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little image ... always love finding new challenges ... so glad you helped us *sing* at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh, that teddy bear is just waaaaay too cute! so happy you could "sing along" with us this fortnight at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.