A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 8 October 2017

Vintage Winter Sports

The new Christmas Card Throwdown challenge is "Winter Sports".  And the SCS Inspiration Challenge is to find inspiration at the Victorian Trading Company website.  It's a great website. I went through their Christmas section and found this image of skaters and this one of kids sledding and thought about a great stamp I have of old-fashioned winter sports.


I stamped it on the smooth side of watercolour paper, watercoloured parts of it, bordered it with black cs, popped it up on fun foam, and added a bit of fun flock to the pom pom and brim of the girl's hat.






Supplies:
Stamps - Inkadinkado
Ink - Ranger Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, fun foam, fun flock



7 comments:

  1. I love this scene, Susan, and how you've colored highlighted parts! The black mat is perfect! Another fun vintage Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, what I love about your cards is your variety of styles! I just love this vintage image and the tasteful way you colored it. I'm still in awe of you being able to create day after day and never without a new and fresh idea. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quelle magnifique scene Susan, jolie ambiance vintage romantique et poétique, merci de jouer avec nous chez CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely vintage image, I'll have to go and have a look. It's very pretty with the highlights of colour.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet Susan. Great watercolouring on this vintage stamp image. The black framing is perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great vintage scene and love the touches of watercolouring. Beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great choice of vintage style stamp which suited our winter sports challenge perfectly. I love your delicate water colouring too. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Card Throwdown. Gill DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.