A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 7 October 2017

Brown for a Christmas Card?

I wasn't sure I'd make a card for the October Christmas Cards All Year Round challenge - "Monochromatic Browns".  But then I pulled out a vintage style stamp I'd never used and thought it could work well in brown.  Here it is:


I stamped it in my Misti using my Oxide ink - when I reinked some of the paler parts of the stamp, I seemed to get some colour variation in the final stamped image, but I think it only adds to the vintage look.

I then sponged around the edge using two shades of brown to make it look aged.

I attached a Tim Holtz Christmas token with a brad and popped the panel up on fun foam.

So what do you think?  Does brown work for a Christmas card?





Supplies:
Stamps - Deep Red Vintage Santa
Ink - Distress Oxide Vintage Photo, Distress Vintage Photo, Ranger Potting Soil
Paper - PTI Vintage Cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz Christmas token, metallic brad, fun foam



8 comments:

  1. Love your brown tones and sponging for your vintage Santa card. TFS Christine. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card. Perfect image for a brown monochromatic card! And it’s a non-traditional colour one too. Love it, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to branch out a bit and expand my styles!! You never know, one day I might suddenly make some really cute cards too!

      Delete
    2. Susan, you have some magnificent vintage looking stamps and I love how you used them. I see no variation in color on your image. Love the colors on this too- emphasizing that fabulous stamp. Love this!

      Delete
  3. The brown works very well, Susan! The vintage look is so perfect with this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worked perfectly Susan..gorgeous card.
    Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Cards All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brown is perfect for that vintage Santa, and I love the distress inks around the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card! That stamp was perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCAYR! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.