A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 6 October 2017

Heat Embossed Poinsettias

The current Jingle Bells Christmas Card Challenge is "Embossing Around the Christmas Tree" - any kind of embossing.

Here's my card using heat embossing in black for the poinsettias:


I sprayed a background with three different colours of sprays. When dry, I stamped and heat embossed my poinsettia and sentiment in black.

I wanted the black border to really match the stamping so went around the edge of another square of cs with the same ink and then heat embossed it.

It's popped up on fun foam.





Supplies:
Stamps - Tim Holtz poinsettia, Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black 
Paper - white cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - clear embossing powder; various red, pink and orange sprays; fun foam



8 comments:

  1. The black poinsettia looks so dramatic and so artsy. Fun sprayed background and such a great take on the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very classy! Love the red spray with the black poinsettias!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great artsy look to this card, Susan. The sprays make a great background for your silhouette poinsettias. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a dramatic effect with your sprayed background and black silhouette poinsettias. TFS Susan. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool, Susan. Terrific background. But what caught my attention were those black embossed poinsettias. So unique and I LOVE it! So another non-traditional colour Christmas card(?)... are you sure you prefer traditional colours? 😉😂🤗

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty with the non traditional pink background and the black poinsettia really pops against it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore that sprayed background ... and the contrast with the black embossing is perfection ... so glad you helped us *emboss* around the Christmas Tree at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous, inky, arsty holiday card! i love everything about this! so pleased you could join the 'embossible dream" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.