A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Pink Poinsettia

Over at the Jingle Belles Christmas card challenge, it's time for "Pink Christmas".


I'd like to encourage you to participate!  The first ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ theme of each October is devoted to making pink holiday cards as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and, for each card that gets linked up, Stephanie and Lauren (they run Jingle Belles) each donate two dollars to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Here's my card:


I stamped and heat embossed in platinum, then watercoloured the poinsettia with a couple of shades of pink Zig markers.  I wanted to match the platinum embossing powder for a splatter so mixed a bit of Brushed Pewter and Antique Linen Distress paints and splattered.  I inset the panel into a platinum silver frame and filled the centre of the poinsettia with silver gemstones.

Thanks for stopping by to look, and please think about joining in over at Jingle Belles for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.




Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black poinsettia, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Versamark
Paper - white and platinum silver cs, mixed media
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - platinum embossing powder, Zig markers, Brushed Pewter and Antique Linen Distress paints, silver gemstones



10 comments:

  1. Another non-traditional Christmas card, Susan! Love your pink poinsettias! Your watercolouring is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Love that silver platinum frame. Insetting the design is just perfect. And those rhinestones really add some extra sparkle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utterly stunning, Susan! I have a large poinsettia from a different company so I'm pinning this to CASE! I love the shades of pink with the pewter!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, you did a fabulous job coloring this beautiful poinsettia! Love the metallic embossed image with the gorgeous shades you used. The spatter is such a perfect final touch on this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning Susan, I love the platinum embossed outline, so pretty with the pink flower. Great watercolouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is one beautiful poinsettia, my friend! Love the platinum embossing and the lovely shading of pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So striking and beautifully coloured and such a great cause x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza ... that coloring is fantastic & I love those pinks for that beautiful poinsettia ... so glad you joined us as we celebrate a ♥Pink Christmas for the Cure!♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! What an amazingly gorgeous ♥PINK CHRISTMAS♥ card! I love the combination of pink & platinum and of course your coloring (& the splatter!) is awesome! Thanks very much for helping us raise money for the Breast Cancer Research Fund at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. how gorgeous...love the elegance of the flower ..
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.