A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 15 October 2017

Stars for Peace

Mid-month reminder time for CAS Mix Up!


I did something quite different to my first Design Team CAS Mix Up card (see here).


Instead of just layering of whole bunch of stencils on top of each other with ink, I started with a "Peace in a Star" stencil that Loll Thompson made for me on her Silhouette.  It looks like a die cut on the card, but is actually a stencil made out of acetate.  I added little bits of removable glue runner to hold it on the cs, then using a Clarity brush, I went over it with Distress Oxide Antique Linen and Fossilized Amber.

I left it in place and laid the Simon Says Stamp "Falling Stars" (the small stars) stencil over top of it and went over it with a finger dauber and Delicata Golden Glitz ink.

I removed the "Falling Stars" stencil and replaced it with the TCW "Random Stars" (the three larger stars) stencil and chose three strategically place stars and put Dreamweaver Gold embossing paste through them.  I removed it and the "Peace in a Star" stencil and let everything dry.  Once dry, I stamped "on earth" below the star (masking off the word "peace" on the stamp).

Trimmed the panel and popped it up on fun foam.

I have stamping, stencil layering, and for my choice, embossing paste.

Please come and join us at CAS Mix Up - you have until October 24th.





Supplies:
Stamps - "on earth" - part of Tim Holtz "peace on earth" stamp
Ink - Delicata Golden Glitz, Distress Oxide Antique Linen and Fossilized Amber
Paper - whtie cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - TCW Random Stars stencil, Simon Says Stamp Falling Stars stencil, homemade "Peace in a Star" stencil, Dreamweaver Gold embossing paste, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. What a clever way to use the layering stencils technique and what a fabulous stencil that LOll made for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. TFS all your steps, Susan. Your card is so CAS and yet has so many stenciling layers. So creative and beautiful my friend. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Susan! This one is so striking. I just love that hand made stencil and how you used this. Great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, Susan! What a wonderful stencil and I love all the additional stenciled stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty!! I LOVE your golden PEACE star with all the other stars done with sponging and embossing paste. Great work Susan!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty, love all the star layouring and the Peace stencil pulls it all together. Awesome card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome, Susan! The white "Peace in a Star" pops. The gold embossing pasted stars add visual interest to the card. I want this design printed on my T-shirt. :-) Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Susan, so eye-catching. The white outline of the star really pops against the background. Fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely stencil Loll made for you Susan! Wonderful colors on this and beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.