A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 13 October 2017

Favourite Stamps

Addicted to CAS used a code word for their challenge:


I had a very hard time choosing my favourite, but in the end went with a stamp of an English Cocker Spaniel (the breed of my dogs, and since they are my favourite little furry beings, I thought a stamp of them should be my favourite stamp).


Here's the two of them:


I stamped them in inks representing their colours and fussy cut them.  Then grounded them by stamping the sentiment below and added a bit of faint stenciling behind them for interest.

I'm giving the card to friends who are going to look after them when I'm away.





Supplies:
Stamps -
Ink -
Paper -
Size -
Accessories -



10 comments:

  1. One cute card and such a fabulous idea x Love your dogs too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, Susan and love that you stamped them in the same color as your furry friends. The subtle stenciling in the background is wonderful. Great thank you card. Also, that wonderful photo of your beautiful dogs would make a great card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are such a handsome pair both on the card and IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaahhh...such a sweet photo of Will and Tessa:-) TFS the photo and perfect thank you card for your friends using your favorite stamps, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to have stamps of your furbabies!! Super cute IRL and on paper, Susan! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, so cute. Your choice of favourite stamps is perfect. Great job capturing Will and Tessa’s look on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have captured Tessa and Will perfectly on your card Susan. Your friends will love it! What a great picture of the two of them. Must have been when Tessa was worn out! Otherwise she would be dancing around Will. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your comment, Loll - what you said about Tessa made me laugh out loud!

      Delete
  8. Susan, was the photo taken after Tess' trip to Pacific Spirit park? She's so calm, Will's also looking pretty chilled there :)
    Great card, it really captures your sweet dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it was taken on a hot day in the summer - the heat was keeping them calm!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.