A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 12 October 2017

Delphiniums are My Favourite Flower

This month's Flower Challenge is "Use Your Favorite Flower".  And it's their first birthday!  Happy Birthday to all of you who run it and on the Design Team!


Delphiniums are my favourite flower.  What I love about them are the tall spire shape of the flowers and all the lovely shades of blue, mauve, and purple that they come in.  I made a card using a combination of a delphinium die and stencil.


I stamped my sentiment on a piece of cs and then die cut it with the stitched rectangle and the Delphinium Circle dies.  If you don't know the Delphinium Circle die, it looks like this:


I created a background for the opening with two different blue sprays.  When I laid the die cut piece over it, it needed something more on the background so I took the Delphinium stencil and lightly sponged the flowers with Distress inks over the spray.   You can see how they fill in that centre gap in the die cut.

I then took the same colours of Distress inks and coloured the delphiniums of the die cut, making sure they came out more strongly coloured.  I went over just those ones with Wink of Stella.

The panel is popped up on a very thin layer of fun foam and the die cut delphiniums with thin foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by today.





Supplies:
Stamps - SU sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress inks (Faded Jeans, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Shaded Lilac)
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box Delphinium Circle die and Delphinium stencil, Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangle die, Mr. Huey Powder Blue spray, Glimmer Mist Glacier spray, Wink of Stella, fun foam, foam tape



6 comments:

  1. love the stencil and die cut combo in those beautiful blues and purples :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Susan. Great idea to add some stenciling along with the die-cut flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had your heart in this one and it shows, Susan! I love how you stenciled the blank space. It filled it so perfectly and how great that you have the die and stencil to match! Love these colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and even more so in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colourscand card, Susan. Love the light stencilling. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used that die Susan...always looking for new inspiration about how to use it! Beautiful colours too!
    Thanks so much for joining us for our birthday celebration at The Flower Challenge.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.