A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 28 October 2017

Jingle Belles Pup

The new Jingle Belles Christmas card challenge is "Not a Creature Was Stirring" - use an animal on your Christmas card.

I chose a sweet Penny Black pup, all dressed up for winter in a Christmas scarf.


I watercoloured the dog to keep it paler so that I could have nice contrast with the bright scarf that I coloured with markers. It's bordered with a scrap of dp.




Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - white cs, unknown dp
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, markers



9 comments:

  1. You don’t do cute? This is cute, Susan... love this chubby doggie. Beautiful colouring

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you painted this cute pup, Susan. He looks so soft and fluffy! I agree with you about the light colored pup with the bright red scarf too. Fun Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pup is so cute. Love the bright red scarf!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet and fun pup, Susan. TFS and making me smile:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who doesn't love a Christmas puppy ... so very glad you joined us for our *creature feature* at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another cut pup, Susan! I love how you've colored him and his bright Christmas scarf! Good for you using some of that DP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use the soft watercolour effect with the fun and vibrant colours on the scarf x Gorgoeus card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a doggone cuuuuute and fun holiday card! the watercoloring on the dog is perfection, too! so pleased you could join our "creature feature" fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soo sooo darn cute especially with his wonderful red scarf :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.