A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 29 October 2017

An Old Layering Stamp Set

The current Less is More challenge is stamp layering.


One of the very first stamp sets I ever bought was designed for layering (though not the way some of the newer ones are where you build up the image).  I still love this old set and it is great for CAS cards.


One of the things that got me hooked on stamping was heat embossing and when I saw the SU set "Solemn Stillness" and the way you could heat emboss the swirly stamp on top of the tree, I had to have that set. I probably got it 10 years ago!

I used it in a very straightforward way - stamped the base tree in green and heat embossed the swirly stamp on top of it in gold.

I love the sentiment that comes with the set so added it below.

It's bordered in gold with a few gold stars scattered about.





Supplies:
Stamps - SU Solemn Stillness
Ink - Memento Cottage Ivy and Tuxedo Black, ColorBox Gold
Paper - white and gold cs
Size - A2
Accessories - gold embossing powder, tiny star punch, Nesties matting basics dies



11 comments:

  1. Susan, that is such a beautiful set and love the font of that sentiment! What a fabulous job you did with this with the gold embossing over the top of the tree. Love the stars too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a classic stamp set that will never go out of style, Susan, and your design shows it off to its best advantage! Love the little stars!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you had to have this stamp, Susan. It's so beautiful! You could use it with so many different colour combinations. Love the wooden stars. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful stamp, it might be old but it's very contemporary and trendy looking! Love it! The heat embossing looks amazing on top of the stamped tree. I like the gold frame too. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, is this ever a blast from the past stamp set. It is still a wonderful set and you used it beautifully. The gold embossing adds beautiful shine too. Great card, Susan. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This set is timeless, Susan! A very elegant Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layered tree, Susan. I love how you added your gold frame and stars. Still a wonderful stamp set. TFS my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a beautiful stamp set and so timeless. Your gold embossing looks so elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous layering set, love the embossed swirl and the other gold accents.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fantastic festive eye-catching beauty! Love the added gold embossing to your tree and a perfect way to showcase some stamp layering. Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful, Susan ! Love this stylish Christmas tree with this gold embossed garland ! A fabulous take on our challenge ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.