A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 16 October 2017

The Last of the Fall Leaves

Time to remind you that you only have until October 24 to enter your card in the CAS Watercolour challenge:


And don't forget, it's our first birthday celebration:


And we have prizes in honour of it:

$25 Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp for Challenge Winner
&
$25 Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp for one random draw of all entries
 (must follow rules to be eligible for prizes)

Here's my reminder card:


I started by sprinkling a piece of coated cs with yellow and orange brushos and spritzing with water.   I die cut a bare-branched tree out of brown cs and glued it to this background.

Then I used the same brushos and technique on a scrap of watercolour paper.  Out of it, I die cut some little sprigs of leaves and snipped the leaves from their branches.  I glued a few leaves to the tree and glued the rest falling to the ground.

I mounted the panel on fun foam and added a sentiment underneath.  I made the card for my friend who invited me for Thanksgiving dinner.

Please head over to CAS Watercolour to see the mid-month inspiration from our Design Team and the October Guest Designer, Marcia of Marcia's Stampin Pad.





Supplies:
Stamps - Memory Box sentiment
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa
Paper - white and brown cs, coated cs
Size - A2
Accessories - yellow and orange Brushos, Impression Obsession Bare Tree die, Ali Express tiny leaf sprig die, fun foam



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful background with Brushos! After seeing yours I think I tend to use way too much. You have just such a perfect spattering of color and the tree is just wonderful on this. Terrific fall card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful effect with your brusho's, all the yellow and orange really remind me of falling leaves. awesome card:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the brushos behind your die-cut tree Susan. And the little leaves falling are so sweet. It's a sweet card for your friend that invited you for Thanksgiving. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background looks like it has got so much movement to it. Gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This die cut tree with a few leaves remaining to fall looks great Susan and I love your idea of using the brusho piece to die cut leafy sprigs to use as leaves fallen from the tree. I love the background Brusho colour too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job with the Brusho background. Looks great behind all the diecuts Beautiful fall card and perfect for a Thanksgiving dinner thank you. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love this card, Susan! The background has really captured the gold of the season and that tree die must go on my list! What a beautiful shape and the little leaves are just the right size to fall from this tree! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty Susan...love the sense of motion you leaves have...great looking for Autumn.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your background is SOOO pretty Susan and the perfect backdrop for your tree and falling leaves...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your beautiful and creative Fall leaves Thank You card will be loved by your friend and will make a gorgeous Fall table decoration, Susan. I love your clever idea to die cut your Fall coloured leaves and then snip off and arrange as falling leaves. Beautiful colours too. TFS my friend and Happy Fall. Hugs

    Our Fall leaves are falling, but nice to still have leaves on many of the trees. So nice to be home after our fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the background with the beautiful brusho colors and the water spritz effect, Susan! The fall leaves are bright and pretty! Your friend is lucky to get this card. Hideko

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.