A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 29 January 2020

New Chickadees

The current Jingle Belles Challenge is "Look What Santa Brought Me" - in other words, use something new that we got for Christmas or in the sales.


I love bird stamps as many of you know! 

I stamped and added some subtle colouring with watercolour paints and then did the berries with a red marker.   This beautiful chickadee stamp is called Stained Glass Birds.  I didn't colour it as if it were stained glass but I layered a piece of acetate over it to make it seem to be a window (that's why there is inconsistent definition in the photo - light was bouncing off the acetate).  I added a red frame over top to hold the acetate in place and to match the berries.

I'm looking forward to colouring it more as a stained glass window next time.

Thanks for stopping by today!









Supplies:
Stamps - Magenta Stained Glass Birds
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - mixed media cs, red and white cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, red marker, Spellbinders square dies

11 comments:

  1. such a beautiful card and a great use of the amazing new stamp. it looks like a window in a frank lloyd wriight house! thanks for joining our JINGLE BELLES fun this fortnight! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh these are pretty birds! And the red berries are such an eye catcher - what a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your fun window technique ... and lovely coloring too ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the birds look so pretty on acetate as a stained glass window. love it framed in red :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet, darling design. I adore the vibrancy of the red berries and the gentle tranquility of this image.

    ♥ Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet little chickadees, Susan! Love the red berries and frame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new Chickadees stamp, Susan. One of my very favorite birds that visit us over Winter:-) Pretty soft coloring and clever of you to add the acetate layer. TFS Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous stamp Susan and the prettiest of cards and super sweet x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty and I love the color choice you made, Susan! Somehow I feel an Asian feeling from the card.
    Hideko xx
    p.s. I actually took pics of my acetate card this morning, and it was so difficult!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful image Susan. I love the light touch of colouring of the birds and branch. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.