A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 27 January 2020

Butterfly Birthday

I don't think people should be allowed to have birthdays in January!!  After all the making of Christmas cards and all the hectic socializing of Christmas and New Years, I hit a real slump for both card-making and socializing.  So I find I keep missing or nearly missing friends' birthdays.

Got this card made today for a girlfriend's birthday.


Steps:
- place the butterfly stencil over coated cs and go over it with embossing paste.
- sprinkle various blue Brushos around the butterflies and spritz with water.
- when dry, trim the panel, and add it to a navy card base.
- add a navy cs die cut butterfly and sentiment. 

Love all the shades of blue (my and my friend's favourite colour).  The navy looks almost black, but in real life, it is definitely navy.

I'm heading over to three challenges with it.

Just Us Girls "Butterfly Photo Inspiration"

 

Krafty Chicks "All Occasions" Challenge - I chose birthday. 

Seize the Birthday "Stencils" 

Thanks for stopping by today!








Supplies:
Paper - navy cs, heavy coated cs
Size - A2
Accessories - various blue Brushos, Spellbinders butterfly die, butterfly stencil, Dee's Distinctively sentiment die, glossy embossing paste

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous effect with the embossing paste and Brusho's Susan, the mixing of the blues are so pretty and supper artsy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous mixed media card and I love the effect of the brushos and the stencilling with the paste x. Gorgeous blue tones and a wonderful card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent birthday card using stencils. Brushos work well here on the background. Thanks for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super combination of techniques. That background is so cool... love the colour (you can add my name to the list of those whose favourite colour is blue, too!) 😉. Your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful, watery background Susan! How perfect to use embossing paste to highlight the butterflies in the background. Your die cut is the perfect finishing touch and such a beautiful focal. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous in all the shades of blue, Susan! No one would know you dashed it off last minute and I'm sure she will love it! I agree with you about January and think most of us hit a wall for a while after the holidays. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Susan! Thanks so much for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is AMAZING! LOVE this card Susan! Your friend is going to love it too. Great design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this artsy background, Susan! It's perfect with the embossing paste butterflies! A wonderful birthday card! (I've had trouble keeping up with the January birthdays too.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty - love that background and your butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous and artsy butterfly birthday card, Susan! I love all the variation of blue around the embossing pasted butterflies!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.