A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 9 January 2020

Tone-on-Tone Snowflakes

I'm heading over to the Just Us Girls challenge today.  It's Word Week and the word is "Snowflakes".
And Stamplorations want Stamps and Splatters.


I made a tone-on-tone card:


I created a background by sponging various blue Distress inks and then spritzing with shimmer spray.  The spritzing added some really nice splatters of lighter colour.

I made sure it was completely dry before stamping the snowflake background stamp with Versamark and heat embossing with clear embossing powder.

I bordered it and die cut the sentiment out of the shimmer cs, and popped the panel up on fun foam. Added a few gemstones for extra sparkle.


As much as I like snowflakes on cards, I'm hoping there won't be any coming my way!

 






Supplies:
Stamps - unknown snowflake background stamp
Ink - various blue Distress inks, Versamark
Paper - white cs, SU shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - clear embossing powder, shimmer spray, Penny Black sentiment die, fun foam, tiny gemstones

12 comments:

  1. Really pretty, I love the tone on tone and your snowflakes are perfect!!! Thanks for sharing at JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snowflakes, the tone on tone is gorgeous! Today, Thursday they are saying snow for next week here Mon through Thursday, and I wouldn't mind seeing some of that white stuff, but I will believe it when I actually see it coming down from the sky! Heart Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous snowflake card Susan. Love the mix of shades of blue with the clear embossed snowflakes. The shimmer really shows and is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful snowflake background, Susan! Love how the white sparkles show up on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Susan, I love the tone on tone snowflake :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tone on tone snowflake background, Susan. TFS your wonderful technique. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, love the colour!... and the sparkle! The tone-on-tone looks fabulous.
    Because of the splatters, you could look enter this at STAMPloratiobs Theme challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful tone on tone card, which is so very pretty and love the technique x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tone on tone and I like the sparkle frame. I'm with you, no snow coming here either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, I love the tone on tone background. Thanks for joining in with the Theme and Photo challenge at STAMPlorations
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. so very pretty...love that shade of blue.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. Thanks so much for joining our theme and photo prompt challenge over at STAMPlorations xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.