A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 24 January 2020

A Triangular Poinsettia and A Dog with Gifts

Two Christmas cards today!

First up for The Flower Challenge "Shaped Cards":

 
I have a triangular card:


The card base is a red tri-fold triangle.  I added a white layer that I embossed with an embossing folder of tiny triangles.

I put a scrap of white cs in my MISTI, inked up the poinsettia / holly sprig with markers, and die cut it with its matching die.  I found a tiny sentiment that just fits in the top section.


Today's second card is for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Gifts":

 

And the Penny Black Saturday Challenge "Something New".

And the ABC Christmas Challenge "B is for Bingo":

 

I chose the centre vertical column.

I love the Penny Black sets with the adorable animals, especially the dogs that look very much like my English Cocker Spaniel.

Stamped, coloured with Prismacolour pencils and Gamsol, die cut with a wonky circles die, and bordered with red.  The wonky circles seemed to fit the idea of the dog trying to balance those gifts!

Thanks for stopping by today to see two more of my cards!










Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Local King poinsettia, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - SU Real Red
Paper - red shimmer cs, white cs
Size - 4" across at base, 5.5" tall
Accessories - Local King markers, Local King poinsettia die, SU embossing folder

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - Bristol cs, red cs, ivory shimmer cs
Size - 4.75"square
Accessories - Prismacolour pencils, Gamsol, MFT wonky circles die, Lil Inker stitched circle die


16 comments:

  1. I've never seen a triangular card before and love this. Great job with the Local King Rubber markers which I have and often forget to use. Love the effect. The adorable pup with gifts is so perfectly done too! How cute is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool triangle card. Beautifully inked and stamped. I was going to do a different triangle shaped card had there not been a leak in my place. And your second card is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I your Twofer, Susan! You know how I feel about critters, so I adore your card with the cocker bearing gifts, but your triangle upon triangles trifold design takes my breath away! That's a stunner!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is gorgeous! Such a cute way to offer gifts!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at 52CCT. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely cards here Susan. I love the triangular one with the pretty poinsettia esp.Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan what a stunning shaped card. Wonderful poinsettia/holly sprig and the cute little joy sentiment. The design is so eye catching and unique and I love it x. Super adorable second card and great use of the wonky die cut x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this triangle shaped card with the triangle embossing and beautifully colored poinsettia, Susan! And I always love seeing this puppy with her presents. She does look like Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The triangle shaped card is really stunning, Susan. So beautiful with your white embossed background and the bright poinsettia and holly leaves. Great colouring! Your PB doggie with the presents is adorable! Perfect in that circle shape. Great colouring again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards Susan, I love that triangular card, such a fun shape and that spaniel looks like he's having so much fun. I'm glad I got sot see them IRL :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The triangular card is stunning, Susan! Love the shape, the tiny triangle embossing, and the gorgeous poinsettia. The second card makes me smile! It's so adorable and your pencil coloring is wonderful!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your triangle card, Susan. It really is eye catching with red and white and bit of green die cut poinsettia and holly and the dry embossed texture background. TFS the size.

    Loved your sweet cocker spaniel balancing the packages. All beautifully stamped and colored and framed with your wonky stitched circle die. TFS both your cards, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous pair of cards Susan and as much as I love the first card (so elegant!), I am wowed by your pencil colouring on the cute little doggie!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. great cards...the dog is so darn cute and I really like the shape card and the elegance it has.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards, Susan. Stunning design and shape of the first one. The dog on the second one is cute. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! Just having a wee catch up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards Susan! I love that cute dog:) Thanks for joining the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.