A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 15 January 2020

Sadly Repeating Dog

My sister asked me to make a pet sympathy card for her to give to a close friend - he just lost his beloved dog.  

I stamped the image in brown ink once, then stamped off two more times, getting the image lighter each time.  I love the idea of the dog wagging its tail right to the end of its life.

Added a sentiment above and trimmed the panel down before adding it to an embossed background.

I'm going to link it up with CASology for their "Repeat" challenge.



And to The Male Room "Anything Masculine Goes".

 
 
If you have a pet, go and give them a hug.  Their lives are sadly far too short.








Supplies:
Stamps - SU D is for Dog
Ink - Archival Potting Soil
Paper - PTI Vintage Cream
Size - A2
Accessories - unknown embossing folder

9 comments:

  1. I really like how you depicted the loss of the pet with the repeated pattern, great card mf and sure it will be much appreciated.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the repeat stamped dog image and the way you depicted the tail wagging. Such a thoughtful card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card for a tough occasion. Great use of generation stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect sympathy card for the loss of a pet! Love the wagging tail and the embossed paw prints!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect sympathy card for your sister's close friend, Susan! The lovely "tail-wagging" dog looks happy and he looks like he's fading out... The paw print embossing is a wonderful touch and I love the sentiment.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect design for a sympathy card, Susan. Your sister's friend is going to appreciate your card at this very sad time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so hard to lose a pet, they are part of the family. This is a very sweet sympathy card. I love that embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful sentiment! Great card too! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AW! how moving, I love the sentiment and the fading dog, a fabulous card. Thank you so much for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.