A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 19 January 2020

Frosty Thank You

A card for the Addicted to CAS Challenge "Frosty":

 

Here's my card:

 
I started by splattering masking fluid with a toothbrush onto watercolour paper. Then I stamped and heat embossed the tree line in white. I thoroughly wet the piece and dropped in various blue Distress inks, helping them move into the little spaces between the trees with a wet paintbrush. When dry, I rubbed off the masking fluid, revealing the snowstorm.

A simple heat embossed sentiment stamped on a scrap of cs and die cut with a label die (because when I originally stamped it directly onto the card base, I stamped it crooked). And a bit of fun foam behind the panel for some dimension.


A very appropriate card for this past week in Vancouver - lots of snow and colder than normal temperatures!









Supplies:
Stamps - Tim Holtz tree line, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Colonial Blue and Frost White, various blue Distress inks
Paper - watercolour paper, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - clear and white embossing powder, masking fluid, label die, fun foam

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Susan, love the effect of splattering the masking fluid. It gave you the perfect snow storm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your masking fluid for your beautiful snow storm and white trees. TFS Susan Hope you are managing all your snow and that you and Tess can still get out for your walks. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card and it makes me shiver, it looks so authentic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're getting your cold temperatures but sadly, not the snow. I love the snow storm happening on your card though. You got a perfect splatter with the masking fluid and a beautiful rich blue sky to show off your frosty trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use the toothbrush with the masking fluid. A stunner of a card. Hope you are coping with the snow? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does remind me of last week here. LOVE the gorgeous snowstorm over those beautiful line of trees. Great card Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great technique to create snow for your background, Susan...I love it! Love the beautiful snowy trees, too! A really stunning card, for sure! Thanks so much for joining us at Addicted to CAS...and thank you for sharing your splattering technique with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the look this has....you are my 'blue sistah'!!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, this is beautiful. Love that you used masking fluid as the resist to achieve this wintry frosty scene.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Splattering masking fluid with a toothbrush - what a clever idea to make this snowy sky, Susan!
    Love this stunning winter forest scene. The shade of the blue is so beautiful!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.