A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 22 January 2020

Fashion Shopping

The Paper Players challenge is "Fashion Fun".



My youngest sister loves fashion and shopping so this card is for her:


The image is stamped and watercoloured, then trimmed and put on a dotted embossing folder (I thought it went well with the polka dot dress), and the sentiment added with pink ribbon.

Like the women in the image, my youngest sister also wears high heels a lot - unlike me who would instantly sprain my ankle if I tried to walk in high heels!

 






Supplies:
Stamps - MFT Say Charge
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - white cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, Cuttlebug embossing folder, sentiment tag, pink ribbon

11 comments:

  1. I totally agree about the high heeled shoes Susan....The perfect card for your shopping and fashion loving sister and yes the polka dots match perfectly. Fabulous image and fabulous card x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so adorable and your sister is going to love it, Susan! Love the bright coloured dresses and perfect sentiment! I agree with you ... I gave up high heels many, many years ago. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card and perfect for your high heel wearing, fashion loving sister. The embossed polka dot background was a clever touch. You nailed the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, Susan! Love these dresses with the matching shoes! You have certainly rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this stamp is perfect Susan, it's the challenge to a T. I'm with you on clothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a friend like your sister, able to wear those heels, whereas I no longer can or choose to do so...I'd rather my feet feel good! However, I appreciate the styling shoppers and your clever card for your fashionista sister. Fabulous coloring and design with the polka dot background! Thanks so much for joining The Paper Players this week Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun image and the embossing folder compliments the dotty dress perfectly! I think there's a time and a place for high heels Susan and I'm afraid a day at the shops isn't it for me (comfort over style unfortunately!) although must concede the ladies on your card are oh-so-stylish and I'm sure your sister will love this. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect card for your sister and I love the dresses. I see ladies in the grocery store in heels and I feel under dressed in my athletic shoes. Especially since I'm not athletic anymore! Cute purse with the flower and colorful shopping bags too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SUCH a fun stamp! I can imagine using it for Christmas with the caption "It's beginning to cost a lot like Christmas." Love this against the dotted embossed background and what fun colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, Susan! The happy colors pop on the clean design and who doesn't love a little retail therapy? Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card, Susan! Your sister will love it. I love the way you added the sentiment.
    Craft supply shopping is our therapy, isn't it? ;-P
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.