A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 11 January 2020

A Tiny Tag

A card for CAS Christmas "Tag" - your card must have a tag on it.

 

Unlike my card (see here) for the challenge launch where the tag was the whole focal point of the card, this one has a very tiny tag that just carries the sentiment.  

And, because I used a punch for the tag, I'm also linking up with the Double D Challenge "Punch".


I started by stamping the dove in metallic blue ink on a scrap of denim blue cs, heat embossed it, and then coloured the dove's body and wings with a white coloured pencil. I laid my tiny snowflake stencil over it and used the same metallic blue ink with one of my stencil brushes, getting the stencil around, but not on, the dove.

I trimmed the piece to fit behind a white die cut frame. The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed on white, punched out with a tiny tag punch, and attached to the dove with silver thread. The panel and frame are popped up on fun foam on a matching denim blue card base.









Supplies:
Stamps - SU Dove, Simon Says Stamp tiny sentiment
Ink - Encore Metallic Blue
Paper - white and denim blue cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box tiny snowflakes stencil, white coloured pencil, tiny tag punch, sparkly embossing powder, MFT stitched rectangle frame, fun foam, silver thread

13 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful calm, peaceful scene, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The framing draws your eyes in beautifully Susan to your beautiful and peaceful card. The little tag looks so sweet and the tone on tone effect looks fabulous x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tiny tag says it all, peace is what we need. I can't get past that beautiful denim blue c/s. It is so beautiful and the first I've seen that looks like authentic denim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely project, the image is wonderful and the colour is fantastic! The little tag is the perfect touch. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty Susan! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Punches’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty dove and sweet little tag, Susan. TFS Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and serene. The tiny tag suits it. The dove image is beautiful and so is that colour denim c/s.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Susan! I didn't know Encore Metallic ink has such a beautiful blue shade. It goes so well with the denim blue card base. The dove with a little tag is beautiful!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. the tone on tone effect is perfect for the dove Susan and love the tiny tag in his beak.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the blue embossed on blue card, Susan. The white pencil makes the dove stand out. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A tiny tag with a big impact! Love your dove stamped with the metallic ink! Such a peaceful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully designed! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  13. how beautiful and so very elegant....I love that you are a 'blue' girl like me!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.