A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 1 February 2020

Snowy Snippets

Vancouver is forecasting more snow for tomorrow and Tuesday.  Here's a card in readiness:


I've been trying to clean up my craft desk after all the frenzy of Christmas card making in November and December - I meant to do it in early January but I just couldn't summon the inclination to do it!

For this card, I used nothing but bits from my desk - a leftover die cut line of snowy trees, leftover die cut snowflakes, the remains of a piece of faux mother-of-pearl background.

I assembled all those, trimmed the panel, mounted on fun foam, and added a peel off sentiment.


I'm linking it up at:

The Male Room "It's Snowing"
 
 
Snippets Pixie Playground Challenge #370 
 

I might have to see what else I can make from the clutter on my desk!









Supplies:
Paper - scrap of faux mother of pearl background, white glitter cs, white cs
Size - 6x4.5"
Accessories - peel off sentiment, snowflake and tree dies, fun foam

12 comments:

  1. don't say that about snowing, more shovelling :(
    Beautiful card Susan, perfect for those QCAS last minute cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to use such pretty snippets and start the cleaning up of your desk at the same time?!? We are suppose to have rain/snow Sunday night and Monday. I like seeing the beautiful snowflakes followed by rain...no shoveling involved on the Oregon Coast:-) TFS your glittery beauty, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to be able to pick up bits and make a pretty card like this. Easy, peasy and quick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes those leftover bits make the most beautiful cards and this one is definitely BEAUTIFUL Susan!! And you're one step ahead for next Christmas...YAY!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card Susan - great to use up snippets from your desk - that's always where I check first. Not a single flake of snow here so far this Winter - in some ways it's a bit sad but no shovelling at least!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great use of the bits and pieces on your desk and great to tidy up too. A beautiful card Susan and so very pretty. Hope the snow doesn't cause you any problems? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bits and pieces made one gorgeous Christmas card Susan!! Hope we do get a little snow ... and I mean little! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful snowy card, and a great use of leftover pieces! Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great and well done on using snippets too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and very frosty card, love the CAS layout. Thank you for joining us in our It’s Snowing challenge at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing you again in our new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty glittery snowy trees and snowflakes Susan and the blue sky is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful snowy scene and great use of snippets.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.