A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 8 January 2020

Norman, the English Bulldog

My niece has a wonderful English Bulldog called Norman.  Here's a photo of him:


When I saw the Stamping Bella stamp of the English Bulldogs, I just had to have it to make a birthday card for my niece.


I stamped in brown and watercoloured, matching the dog on the left to Norman's colours.  The sentiment is heat embossed in copper and the panel is bordered with copper cs.

Paper Players are asking for "Something New" (my bulldog stamp) and their inspiration board has a photo of a somewhat bulldog-like pup.


And Seize the Birthday has an optional challenge "Layer It" - I have two layers on top of my card base.

And even though this is for my niece, I think it would make an equally good masculine birthday card.  So I'm linking up to The Male Room "Anything Masculine Goes".









Supplies:
Stamps - Stamping Bella Bully Trio, SU sentiment
Ink - Archival Potting Soil, Versamark
Paper - watercolour paper, white and copper cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, copper embossing powder

17 comments:

  1. Oh this is just too cute and a perfect stamp to have on hand, especially for your niece and I LOVE his name!! Norman looks like a cuddly kind of dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG look at that tongue, he's such a cutie and love the stamp and great colouring :) so perfect for your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your niece is going to LOVE her Bulldogs birthday card, Susan. So cute and I love your different colored markings for each of the 3 Bulldogs. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Norman is AWESOME! And your card looks just like him ... your neice is going to LOVE this card. A very special card!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute pup....and your card is so totally that pup! great job, sure she will love it!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norman must have posed for this stamp! Your niece will love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just smiled when I saw this! That stamp looks exactly like the dog! How fun Susan. She will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Norman looks like such a cuddle bug and seeing the card made me chuckle because those pooches are taking a snooze as well! Great card, your niece should appreciate it for sure! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Norman looks adorable! How cute is the stamp too, your neice will love this! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Norman is adorable and your niece will love her card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Norman is adorable and so is your card! your niece is going to love it, for sure. A fabulous CAS card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card and a great stamped image. Norman is adorable x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the most fun card! Norman is so cute and this card depicts him perfectly. What's not to love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is as adorable and funny as Norman is, Susan! It's a perfect card for your niece and she will love it.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so fun! Your colouring matches Norman perfectly! I'm sure your niece will love it. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute and adorable card. Love the watercolour effect and the use of copper colour.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh, what a fun and darling card. Thank you so much for joining the Male Room challenge, I hope to see you joining our new "It's snowing" -challenge also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.