A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 28 November 2018

Ribbon, Glitter, and an Ornament

The new 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is a stash challenge:


I went with a glittered ornament and "hung" it with ribbon:


The ornament was stamped and then covered with a piece of double sided tape before die cutting.  I removed the backing from the tape and sprinkled glitter all over it.

I die cut a red panel and a white panel with stitched rectangle dies, and a "joy" sentiment in white.  The ornament is popped up on foam tape and the ribbon and bow attached to it.

Here's a close-up of the glitter on the ornament (it was really hard to photograph):


I sold almost all of my Christmas cards (and also many donated by my generous crafty friends, Loll Thompson and Christine Alexander) at my fundraiser sale on Sunday.  So I'm afraid I'll be posting many more over the next few weeks as I work hard to make enough for myself to mail out!!





Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black ornament stamp
Ink - SU Real Red
Paper - white and red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Spellbinders Joy and Ornament dies, Martha Stewart glitter, double sided tape, Lil Inkers stitched rectangle dies, ribbon, foam tape



12 comments:

  1. Susan I love the simplicity of the red and white with a touch of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely monochromatic ornament card. The red is festive and eye-catching. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great about your fund raiser and great that Loll and Christine help out x What a beautiful and classy card and loving the bling x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Susan and I forgot all about that technique when adding glitter. Love the festive red and love the intricate design on that ornament. Congratulations on selling all your cards for your fundraiser too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on selling almost all of your cards you've been creating all year Susan! Love the pattern on this pretty ornament and the bright red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Susan on your very successful card sale. You have again raised $ for such a worthy cause:-) Now we get to still enjoy and be inspired by more of your Christmas beauties. TFS your beautiful monochromatic red card design. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That beautiful ornament does all the work here. I like it in red, I would always choose more subtle colour but I think I should be braver. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Susan. The sparkly ornament is so pretty. I like the red on red with touches of white. Very striking card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty ornament stamp all glittered up and hung with ribbon! I'm glad you did so well on your sale! The riders will enjoy the benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a royal, elegant looking card mf.
    xx karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, simply and classic! Thank you for taking part in our 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan, I love the simple color combo, red & white, with the sparkle of glitter! And congratulations on the success of your fundraiser sale!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.