A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 4 November 2018

Jingle Belles Christmas Flower

The new Jingle Belles challenge is a Christmas card featuring flowers.

I went traditional in that I used a poinsettia, but non-traditional in that I made it pink.


I stamped and heat embossed the poinsettia in gold, and started painting a couple of petals with watcolour paints but didn't like the colour at all, so switched to two shades of pink sprays and got a colour I really like. I fussy cut it, cutting off the two petals I did with watercolour paint. I tucked it around a frame so that it wouldn't look odd with two petals missing!

Added a gold sentiment and an embossed background and was happy I'd saved the poinsettia!






Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black poinsettia, Rubber Soul sentimen
Ink - ColorBox Gold
Paper - white cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Sizzix embossing folder, gold embossing powder, Impression Obsession frame, Tattered Angels Rose Glimmer Mist, Mr. Huey's First Kiss spray, foam tape



9 comments:

  1. So cool you used sprays to colour your Poinsettia! I would have never guessed. It looks so pretty in pink. Love the design with it peeking out and over the frame. The embossed background ties everything in beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great save Susan. Love the look of your double framing and partial poinsettia image. Gorgeous card that is beautiful, elegant and feminine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you tucked your bloom in the frame ... so glad you shared your flowers with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful save Susan!! Absolutely LOVE this CAS card...the color on your Poinsettia is so pretty and I really like the framing and the embossed background all in white. Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shade of pink for your poinsettia turned out beautifully, Susan. Love how you tucked your flower into your framing. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan this is a Gorgeous Poinsettia, I love it in pink peaking out the edge of your frame. Your embossed background is a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This shimmery pink poinsettia is so pretty, Susan! I love the embossed background and frame! A brilliant way to save that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink and gold. WOW! I love the poinsettia popping out from behind that frame. The dry embossing totally embellish it without stealing the show. In LOVE with this card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. so lovely and clean but with such perfect additions of color and texture that nothing else could possibly be needed! thanks for helping us celebrate festive flower power at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.