A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 27 November 2018

Smooshed Tranquil Twist of Gold

It's the last week of my 4 week stint as Guest Designer for SCS's Color Challenge.  This week's challenge is called "A Tranquil Twist of Gold" and the colours are:


They are based on SU colours that I don't own so I had to do my best with what I have.  Here's my card:

The gold of course was easy - I used it to heat emboss the sentiment and border the focal panel.   I created the lime by mixing Distress Oxide Twisted Citron and Squeezed Lemonade and smooshing with it.  Distress Oxide Evergreen Bough worked well for the Tranquil Tide substitute.  

After smooshing, I trimmed the lime panel down, heat embossed the sentiment on it, and bordered it with gold miri cs.  I die cut the tree out of the Evergreen Bough piece and again out of fun foam, gluing them together for more dimension.

I'm also entering it over at the Rudolph Days Challenge.





Supplies:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - ColorBox gold, Distress Oxide Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade, Evergreen Bough
Paper - white cs, gold miri cs, mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - gold embossing powder, Impression Obsession fir tree die



11 comments:

  1. wow.. you perfectly matched the color challenge colors, Susan. I love your smooshed background with the Distress Oxide inks, Beautiful die cut tree with another smooshed background and your gold frame and heat embossed sentiment. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color challenge was always the hardest for me and you aced it matching these colors. Love the mottled background as well as the tree. Congratulations on being guest designer too. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colour challenge, with a perfect mix. Susan you nailed this one especially with the touches of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful smooshing, Susan! Love the patterns of those pretty colors and the green tree plays so well with the gold background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning representation of those pretty colors, Susan! Love your smooching and and how perfectly your tree goes with your background and the shiny gold frame!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Susan. The colours you've used really work together beautifully with your design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card Susan, wonderful colour mix for your fab background to highlight fab tree

    ReplyDelete
  8. That colour combo is challenging for me but you did fabulously. Beautiful texture. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glorious mixed media and the water colour effects are unique and artsy....love it x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely job with the color challenge. Makes for a lovely christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful card, Susan. The inkyness is so lovely!

    Sorry I am so late getting round to comment...my hands are flared up again.

    Thanks for taking part in the November Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.