A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 2 December 2018

Watery Smooshed Thank You

December's CAS Watercolour challenge is a very useful one!  Bonnie is asking us to use "Thank You" as the theme so it's a great way to get some cards made for sending out after we open our Christmas presents!


One of my favourite watercolour techniques right now is smooshing or splash watercolouring (see Loll's video tutorial here) with Distress Oxide inks.  I tap some colours on my craft sheet, spritz liberally with water, then smoosh my watercolour paper into them, dry with my heat gun, and repeat until I'm happy with the result.  I used Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, and Wild Honey to get my background:


Having added this photo right after adding the challenge image, I realize my colours are very similar to the CAS Watercolour graphics' colours - must have been channeling my inner Loll!

I die cut the top layer first with the wonky stitching die and then with the flower circle die.  And added the sentiment using Mermaid Lagoon ink.

Because it is December, this is a shorter challenge than normal in order to give us time off over the holidays.  So you only have until December 15th to link up your card.  Please be sure it is clean and simple, and follows the theme of "Thank You".  Head on over to CAS Watercolour for more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer, Michele (I Card Everyone).






Supplies:
Stamps - Emerald Creek sentiment
Ink - Distress Oxide Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Wild Honey
Paper - white cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Simon Says Stamp Twinkle Flower die, MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangle die



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful and cheerful DOX background, Susan. Love your CAS flower design. A nice change from Christmas cards, which I love...but still a nice change. Thank you for all the inspiration in 2018, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous colors, Susan! This is such a happy card! The die cut and framing look terrific. I spy another die I just must have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this colour combination, Susan. Adding Wild Honey to the mix adds a bit of an orange tinge that looks amazing against the bright blue. Awesome! And I love this die. So pretty with the delicate flowers. Great card, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background colors are beautiful and a perfect match for our challenge badge! Love those dandelions in the circle frame! They are so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to channel your inner Loll with this mix of colours! Beautiful colours and card. Fantastic smoosh/splash watercolour background. So cool you can see the individual DOx ink colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours you have used on your fabulous water coloured background and yes they are very similar to the graphic. Gorgeous die cut and love the stamped sentiment in the blue....Wonderful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful watercolour background Susan and Love the simple die cut to show it off:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous background and fab CAS layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful card Susan! LOVE your background colors and had to chuckle that you were channeling your inner Loll! What a beautiful die cut too...looks FABULOUS against that lovely background! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. soooo beautiful Susan, love your colour blends, looks great!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. The DOX ink smooshed background is so beautiful, Susan! I love that you can see the colors layered underneath. The white die-cut flowers look so pretty against the fabulous background.
    About the similarity of the CWC graphic colors - "Channeling my inner Loll" was funny. :-D
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.