A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 13 November 2018

Flowers for a Colour Challenge

It's my second week of being a Guest Designer for the November SCS Color Challenges.  This week's colours are:







They are not colours I would normally put together so this was a real challenge for me!   The only thing I was comfortable using them with was a floral bouquet.  The dessert option (just for fun) is NBUS (Never Before Used Stamp) - I had a perfect never used flower stamp!

I used the closest colours in my Zig Clean Brush markers. I inked up each colour one at a time in the MISTI, spritzed very lightly with water, and stamped onto mixed media cs. 

When dry, I added a bit more definition with the Zigs and coloured pencils, sponged lightly around the edges in blue, added a white embossed sentiment on a banner of black cs, and popped it up on fun foam.
I'll be back next week with my third SCS Color Challenge DT card.





Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black flowers, SU sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Frost White, Memento Sky Blue
Paper - white and black cs, mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Zig Clean Brush markers, coloured pencils, pearl embellishments, white embossing powder, fun foam



10 comments:

  1. Can’t tell this colour palette was a challenge for you... your card is GORGEOUS! Fabulous job with the MISTI stamping/spritzing technique... the colours are bright and striking. You nailed it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is STUNNING, Susan! Amazing design and great work with the colours. Your watercolouring is perfection! Love the addition of the pearls ... and the soft sponging around the edges. Beautiful design and beautiful card, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, this is a marvelous card! The coloring of the beautiful flowers is wonderful! One would never know that these colors were a challenge for you. You certainly did a great job with them!

    http://stampingwithguneauxdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You chose the perfect stamped bouquet for your color challenge card, Susan. Your Zigs watercolor stamping turned out beautifully. I especially Love your soft blue sponging around the edge of the border. TFS my friend and Congratulations on being the Guest Designer at CC. Hugs.Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How perfect for the color challenge, Susan! Wow, this turned out just beautiful! That technique can sometimes be challenging. Love the soft sponging too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this same NBUS stamp and this is the prettiest I've seen it done! I need to ink mine up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you aced that challenge, such beautiful spray of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful vibrant colours for that pretty new flower stamp. Great card for the colour challenge and congratulations again on guesting X

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card using the colors Susan! Your flower stamp highlighted them all perfectly! a beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a fabulous job of using the challenge colors, Susan! Your coloring is so pretty and the sponging around the edges has a great effect of highlighting the flowers!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.