A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 19 November 2018

Winter Chill


A very straightforward card made with a few challenges in mind:

SCS CAS Challenge "Take the Chill Off" - a card depicting how you would  take the chill of winter off.

The Paper Players "Sweet Treats".


And Jingle Belles "Bring Us Some Figgy Pudding" - any kind of holiday food or drink.

I stamped my image on watercolour paper, coloured with Inktense watercolour pencils, trimmed it and mounted it on cream cs. Added the sentiment, bordered in black, and used a blue card base.

It's making me want to curl up on the couch with a good book and a pot of tea (can't stand coffee!).






Supplies:
Stamps - Stamplorations
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, black, cream, and blue cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Inktense watercolour pencils



15 comments:

  1. I love this card! Pretty with a splash of funk!
    What is the name of the stamp? I just may need to shop. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called Winter for Mocha. It's still available from Stamplorations.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I ordered all kinds of goodies including a set with that stamp in it. I appreciate your prompt reply. Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. That sentiment is so true ... I love a hot beverage in the winter ... so glad you shared your Christmas goodies with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hot mug of mocha or just plain hot cocoa is perfect on a cold Winter evening. Such a wonderful festive card my friend. TFS Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful image for Christmas Susan, I can just imagine that warm mocha with lots of whipped cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum...I agree with this sentiment 100% Such a fun vintage image, too...delicious! Thanks for playing with my Sweet Treat challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't help but agree with that sentiment! Love it and love that super stamp. I like the way you've used an appealing, but cold colour, for the base so that the cheery cup of coffee looks even more enticing. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious! Beautiful card. Great colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! This brings a warm cozy feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet!! And I mean literally ... that looks delicious Susan! Great design, love the red with light blue. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Susan! What a great image, and it looks so warm and delicious. So glad you shared with us at The Paper Players! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pop of red adds a warmth to your wonderful card. Great stamp and such a gorgeous card x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh,this is a fabulous card on every level! not to mention serious bonus points for combining more than one challenge so brilliantly on your card! thanks for helping us celebrate festive feasting at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Warm tea or hot chocolate would surely be nice to curl up with! This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.