A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 20 November 2018

Quilting with Spruce and Merlot

This is week three of my four weeks as Guest Designer at the SCS Color Challenge.  This week the challenge is "Vanilla Merlot under the Shaded Spruce".


I don't have the Stampin Up inks or papers that the challenge is based on so I have to come as close as I can.  Here's my card:


I am having so much fun with my new Gina Marie quilt die and I had some perfect dp languishing in a drawer. I die cut three times - once out of ivory cs, and once out of each of two different dps.

I used the ivory outline and stuck it onto double sided tape. Then carefully added the tiny pieces from the two different dps - one of them was double-sided so I flipped a few of its bits over to use the reverse pattern.

I popped the quilt up on fun foam on a dark red cardbase and die cut "joy" out of the same dark red cs.






Supplies:
Paper - dark red cs, Gina K Pure Ivory cs, various dp
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - Gina Marie quilt die, Tim Holtz joy die, fun foam, sheet of double sided tape



8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful choice of papers for this cool quilt die! This is such a unique pattern too! I hope the pieces go together more perfectly than they do with fabric. Mine never came out the same size (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool die! And brilliant way to use up your stash of pattern paper... the pattern is gorgeous and festive. You must be making a mad dash to the fundraiser finish line... good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Christmas quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your quilt Susan. What a great way to use up some beautiful designer paper! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, it really looks like a Christmas Quilt. Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Susan...absolutely beautiful Christmas Quilt for the color challenge. You were right, the DSP was perfect with all the right colors and a wonderful design for a Quilt card. Love your sentiment and red framing too. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your card is stunning and so unique and beautiful. Congratulations again on guesting and especially with this wonderful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE....I collect old quilts so this spoke to me...beautiful.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.