A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 18 November 2018

Gold Nativity

The current Less is More challenge is a colour challenge:

I chose gold as my metallic colour:



A very CAS card - image and sentiment stamped and heat embossed, bordered in matching gold cs, and using an ivory cs for image and base - love ivory and gold together!  Less is definitely more in this case as I love the simplicity of it!





Supplies:
Stamps - Stampendous
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - Gina K Pure Ivory cs, gold shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Ranger gold detail embossing powder



10 comments:

  1. I must agree with you about cream and gold, so very elegant. This is such a perfect focal, Susan. The framing was just enough especially since you matched your embossing powder. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Susan. The gold is classy and stylish. Adding the matching gold frame is a lovely finishing touch. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. very elegant, I agree the Gold and Ivory are stunning together. CAS perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and elegant card Susan. A classic design with gold and ivory. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple, classic, elegant - all the makings of a perfect metallic Christmas card - top job

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful Nativity, Susan! Love the image and the gold embossing! Classy and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, elegant and a perfect take on our metallics challenge at Less is More. Thanks for joining us - always a pleasure to see your cards in our gallery. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful traditional gold and ivory elegant Christmas card, Susan. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful nativity scene - perfectly CAS and lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CAS perfection and the tone of cream and gold looks stunning x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.