A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 7 November 2018

Marbled Thanks


Today's card is for the Paper Players.


I had a lovely piece of marbled background in my UFO box that seemed perfect for the autumn colours in the challenge image.


I used the shaving cream technique and created a bright colourful background. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and trimmed the panel down. I used scraps of co-ordinating colours of cs to cut three wildflower die cuts. The panel is popped up on fun foam.

A brief change from Christmas cards!!  But back to them tomorrow!





Supplies:
Stamps - Hero Arts sentiment
Ink - Oxide Walnut Stain, various reinkers
Paper - white cs, mixed media cs, scraps of red, brown, and blue cs
Size - A2
Accessories - shaving cream, Tim Holtz wildflower dies, clear embossing powder, fun foam



11 comments:

  1. What a pretty combination of colors and love that you were able to match the die cuts to the background. I need to do that technique again, been a while. I sure understand the need to break from Christmas cards especially for as many of them as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful break from Christmas cards, Susan. I love your marbled background and matching die cut wild flowers. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most beautiful marbled background, Susan! I love all these colors and how well they play together! The dark colored wildflower die cuts are a wonderful contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background Susan, we need to pull the shaving cream out again to top up our stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your marbled background piece is gorgeous, Susan! Great colours ... and looks so amazing with the coloured wildflowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colour combination and the shaving foam background looks stunning. Love the addition of the die cut wild flowers ......all so unique and artsy X

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a special marbled background. Have not tried this technique yet. Those solid coloured die cuts flowers beautifully match and are the perfect compliment to this card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish my UFO box contained such treasures! I love how you've added the die cuts to the marbled ground - fabulous look! The wide white border was an excellent decision as it really lets the main image shine. Thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I love the shaving cream background and the beautiful wild flowers! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always love seeing what you create...and this is no exception! The silhouettes against your marbled background are so pretty! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful marbled background for your silhouette diecuts. Perfect colours for an autumn thanks card. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.