A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 17 November 2018

Vintage Santas

November has sped by so far - it's already time to remind you to enter the CAS Christmas challenge.


It seemed a good opportunity to pull out an old set of inchies stamps that includes several vintage portraits of Santa.


I stamped the three different Santa portraits with Versafine ink - it gives better detail than many other inks would do.  I trimmed them by hand and placed them over a background created with a dot stencil and a light green ink that I applied to get a variegation of tone.  I framed it with dark red cs.

I stamped the "Dear Santa" sentiment with the green ink I used on the stencil and popped up the panel on fun foam.  The card front seemed in need of something so I twisted some red and green twine together and wrapped it around the card front.   In real life, the green twine is the same shade of green as the green ink.

Now it's up to you to link up a CAS card featuring Santa - you have until November 24th.  There's lots of inspiration over at CAS Christmas from the Design Team and our November Guest Designer, Pam (Expressions with Heart).

I'm also linking it up over at The 12 Months of Christmas where the theme is "All Tied Up for Christmas" - use ribbon, string or twine.





Supplies:
Stamps - Darkroom Door Christmas Inchies, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Versafine Crimson Red, Distress Oxide Peeled Paint
Paper - PTI Vintage Cream
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil, Spellbinders rectangle die, red and green twine, fun foam



8 comments:

  1. Susan, I love the vintage Santa's and your traditional Chrismas colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot all about inchies and what a fantastic job you did designing with these wonderful images! The twine is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely vintage Santa images, Susan! They look perfect on the green stenciling and the twisted twine is a nice finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful vintage images Susan. You've added a lovely modern background of dotty green to create contrast. Looks so good together!! Love the light green with the deep red. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful trio of vintage Santa images in a traditional red/green colour palette. The dotty stencilled background is beautiful and adds interest. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those inches look fabulous and what a wonderful colour combination. Great layout and such a wonderful card X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful vintage Santa images, Susan! You did a fantastic job of stamping them. The detail really shows! The dot stencil in the background is a great contrast and I LOVE that you varied the tone. The dot pattern looks modern but the tone variegation makes the stenciling nicely fit with the vintage look of Santas. Adding the red & green twine is the perfect finishing touch.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these Vintage Santa images, Susan. Such a pretty card with the green stenciling to offset your 3 Santas and adding a frame in the same color is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.