A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 15 November 2018

Gingerbread


Two happy little gingerbread fellows helping me use up some of my decorative paper - my ongoing self-inflicted challenge!


A pretty obvious card, reminiscent of my old style of cardmaking!  Stamped and die cut gingerbread boys, popped up on a die cut label, added to decorative paper, and finally a simple die cut sentiment - I chose "Be Jolly" because they look so jolly!


Thanks for stopping by!





Supplies:
Stamps - Stampin' Up
Ink - Memento brown
Paper - PTI Vintage Cream, dark red, Basic Grey dp
Size - A2
Accessories - Sizzix label die, Tattered Lace sentiment die, SU gingerbread die, foam tape



5 comments:

  1. Susan, great self challenge. I have way too much DP and traveling back in time to your early style years is perfect. I love the simplicity of the card and it has a very Christmasy feel:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty DSP for your background, Susan. Love your dry embossing on the red CS behind your cut gingerbread boys. TFS Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great use of decorative paper with these sweet gingerbread men! I need to use more of mine up. (Paper that is. I don't have any problem using up gingerbread men!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable. That decorative label makes your ginger boys look like they are on a cookie sheet. The pattern paper is festive and perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card and cute gingerbread cut outs. Thank you for sharing at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.