A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 1 April 2023

Ornaments in All the Colours of the Rainbow

The new Peace on Earth Challenge has a beautiful mood board full of images in all the colours of the rainbow.  It inspired this card:


My dear friend Loll passed on the ornament tree die to me and I decided this would be the perfect opportunity to use it.  I die cut it three times and glued them together for dimension.  I searched my box of backgrounds for something subtle but with enough colour to provide contrast to the white tree.  Stamped a sentiment on it and popped it up on fun foam on the card base.

And then had lots of fun finding stick on gems in all the colours of the rainbow for the ornaments on the tree.

Here's the Peace on Earth mood board that inspired me:

There's a wonderful batch of cards by the rest of the Design Team over at Peace on Earth - please check them out and then come and join us in this challenge!

I'm also adding my card to the Jingle Belles Challenge - a card inspired by this image:







Supplies:
Stamps - Stampendous sentiment
Ink - Archival Hickory Smoke
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Penny Black ornament tree, blue spray, coloured gemstones

9 comments:

  1. clever use of gem stones on your real cute tree lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful seasonal make Susan, and love the multi colour gems for baubles hanging on the white tree, and the soft blue background is just perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is soooooo cool ... love it! Very clever my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully designed card and so creative to add the pretty rainbow colored gems, it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a wonderfully artful take on our Tinsel Tree Inspo Photo, I adore every single thing about this! So pleased you could join our Jingle Belles fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful tree, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that ornament tree is fantastic ... so very glad you joined our Tinsel Tree Inspiration at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty tree with sparkly gem ornaments, Susan!
    You arranged the ornaments so well! Love the subtle blue background too.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.