A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 15 April 2023

A Cute Dog Instead of a Cute Gnome

The new Peace on Earth challenge has an inspiration board full of cute Christmas gnomes.  I don't have a single gnome stamp so I went with a cute dog stamp.  Peace on Earth is an "anything Christmas goes" challenge (I usually find inspiration in the board - I kept the overall colours I saw in the board, even though I have no gnomes!).

It's a very CAS card (my preferred style) - stamped and watercoloured image, trimmed with a stitched rectangle die cut, bordered in green, and popped up on fun foam on a red card base.

Please come and join us at Peace On Earth.  There's lots more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.  And should you like Christmas gnomes, here's our inspiration board:











Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black dog, Colorado Craft Co. sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, red and green cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, fun foam

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet image Susan and you've colored him perfectly! Great CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute inspiration board! Your doggie looks so happy with his gifts so that works too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute doggie I love him well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love these Penny Black dogs :) great card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pup is as cute as any gnome and I love how you used the traditional Christmas colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your doggy should join the Christmas circus! Cute!!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card using that cute dog image Susan and the traditional red and green is perfect for Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m not a gnome person and think dogs are cuter anyway. 😉 Adorable and CAS-tasric card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sweet Christmas puppy card in Christmas colors, Susan. TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute CAS Christmas card, Susan! The puppy is darling and he will put a smile on any receiver's face. :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.