A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 20 April 2023

A Rainy Day Threefer

Vancouver is having such a cold wet spring.  I'm yearning to work in my garden!  But no such luck today.  So I've got cards for some challenges instead.

First up for The Paper Players.  They want to see a craft image on the card.  And for Colorful Options.  They have a beautiful mood board in pastels (see at end of post) that I tried to depict on this card.


A simple stamped and watercoloured card using one of the wonderful Anita Jeram images from Colorado Craft Co.   I love these cute mice painting the flowers!

Next for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Santa" and for My Time to Craft Christmas "Christmas Quote".

I made a circle mask out of masking paper to create the moon. Then I brayered on coated cs using two shades of blue and two of yellow, letting the lighter blue and the lighter yellow meet in the middle.

I stamped the sentiment with StazOn ink as I'd used coated cs. I die cut the Santa and sleigh with black cs, then bordered the panel with black.

And last but not least, for Inkspirational "Clean and Simple" and ABC Christmas Challenge "H is for Houses".

I had a scrap of dp that looks like a chilly winter night sky. I die cut the village out of white so that it looks like it's all covered in snow, making it look even chillier. Layered it on another piece of white cs and then on a white mini slimline card base.

Challenges:

The Paper Players

 

Colorful Options

 

52 Christmas Card Throwdown

My Time to Craft Christmas "Christmas Quote"

My Time To Craft Christmas!

Inkspirational

ABC Christmas Challenge "H is for Houses"








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Colorado Craft Co. "Love Art", unknown sentiment stamps
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, black and cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Colorado Craft Co. sentiment
Ink - ArchiStazOn Black; Distress Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky
Paper - coated cs, black and white cs
Size - 5" square
Accessories - Frantic Stamper Santa die, circle die to make moon mask, masking paper

Supplies for card 3:
Stamps - SSS sentiment
Ink - Memento Nautical Blue
Paper - white cs, scrap of dp
Size - 6x3.25"
Accessories - Gina Marie winter village

11 comments:

  1. ALL of your cards are cute (as always), but those little mice stole my heart! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. three great cards. Your mice are adorable and the brayering is beautiful on coated card stock. How lucky to find such perfect DP as your night sky.
    I must pull out my brayer and coated card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three wonderful cards Susan, and I adore those cute crafty mice, and then the brayered background is so bright and pretty and makes a great background for the Santa and your lovely sentiment, and lastly the snowy winter sky makes a wonderful backdrop to your white die cut winter village and stands out beautifully with the white mat and card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job creating the panel for the backdrop for the die cut and sentiment...Love it all! Thanks for sharing with us at 52 CCT this week. Smiles, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these artistic mice and the fun creative words of the first card! Santa flying toward the moon is perfect for a Christmas card and so is the chilly village! Perfect background paper for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three fabulous cards, Susan. Great way to spend a rainy day! I LOVE the first card with the critters busy painting. Perfect with the sentiment! Your brayered card is fabulous ... the colours are amazing and make a wonderful backdrop for your Santa sleigh silhouette. And your last card is a great combination of beautiful patterned paper for a night sky against the all white, snowy village below. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful scene! I love the contrast of the white houses against the dark blue sky. What a lovely set of cards! Thank you for sharing and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your Santa and reindeer team flight card with us at MTTCC! The quote is perfect! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your rainy day sounds very productive, Susan! I don't think I've been ever able to make 3 cards with different designs in one day. The first one is so cute! The soft watercoloring is perfect for this kind of image. The black silhouette pops beautifully against the gorgeous and smoothly brayered background of the second card. The white houses and the chilly winter night sky makes a wonderful contrast. Great use of a scrap of dp! Love all three cards!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards - love the sky on the last one!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.