A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 5 April 2023

Embossing Folder Resist Background

I did another card using the Debossed Inky Resist technique (see this
Video:  Debossed Inky Resist (Anna-Karin Evaldsson via SplitcoastStampers for full details).


Following the instructions in the video, I lightly rubbed Versamark over one side of the embossing folder.  Then placed watercolour paper inside the embossing folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug.  I sprinkled with white embossing powder and heat set.  The Versamark and embossing powder created a resist for the next step of smooshing with Distress inks.  I used Tattered Rose, Antique Linen, and Bundled Sage, tapped onto my craft mat and spritzed with water.  I then smooshed the embossed panel into it until I was happy with the results.  
 
Then die cut leaves and flowers out of off-white cs, put it all together with some twine around the stems, and used an off-white card base.
 
I'm sneaking it in under the wire for the Can You Handle the Pressure? challenge to use an embossing folder.
Please Grab Our Badge








Supplies:
Stamps -
Ink - Versamark, Distress (Tattered Rose, Antique Linen, Bundled Sage)
Paper - watercolour paper, off white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Cuttlebug embossing folder, clear embossing powder, Memory Box leaf die, Little Dog Laughed flower die, twine

5 comments:

  1. This is very pretty using white embossing as a resist using an embossing folder and then run through a machine, and the added smooshed colour looks great Susan also the flowers and leaves die cut from white card stand out beautifully over the top and love the added twine. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, the colours are beautiful and the design of your card shows it off very nicely too

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful!!! I love the soft color and the monotone look is perfect. Lots of wonderful work here and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure, hope we see you back again soon.
    Judy~ CYHTP DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning Susan, the touch of colour is perfect and I love the white die cuts ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great background using this technique, Susan! I love the colors you've used and that beautiful die cut!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.