A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 28 April 2023

Alcohol Inks on a Gelli Plate

Our Group of Seven Cardmakers' technique for this month is Alcohol Inks on a Gelli Plate.  See the Group of Seven post for full instructions.

 
I used a small round gelli plate and various blue and green alcohol inks.  I squirted them on the gelli plate, added blending solution to dilute them, and moved them around with my Tim Holtz air puffer.  I pressed regular white cardstock on top and pulled the print.

I stamped and heat embossed the wildflowers and sentiment on top, trimmed the panel, and popped it up on fun foam on a dry embossed background.

Using the same colours and more blending solution, I did a second print for this card:

I used different stamps but also heat embossed them.  Die cut it into a circle and popped it up on fun foam on the card base.

Head on over to Group of Seven to see more examples from the rest of the group and feel free to try it and link up your card.  It's not a challenge so we won't be moderating the entries.  But we'd love to see more examples using this technique.








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Magenta Lunaria Foliage, SSS sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white cs
Size - 5.5" square
Accessories - blue and green alcohol inks, blending solution, Spellbinders square dies, Nellie's Choice Writing embossing folder, clear embossing powder

Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Magenta Thistle, PTI sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white cs
Size - 5" square
Accessories - blue and green alcohol inks, blending solution, clear embossing powder, Spellbinders circle die, fun foam


9 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards using your circle gelli plate, Susan! I'm so impressed with all the cards from the Group of Seven ... everyone enjoyed this technique and it shows in their work! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful. Love the colors and the way you cut one with a square die and the other with a circle die. The silhouette stamps are perfect on them. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful results Susan, the cards are beautiful. This technique was so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We share a love of the blues and greens, Susan, and your Gelli print designs are perfection in my book! I am fascinated by the different prints that appear and, as you've shown, by all the different ways the prints can be used as gorgeous backgrounds! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful looks using the very pretty colours of AI's Susan, and I think the first is my favourite with the script as a background, but they both work brilliantly! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, Susan. I like the colors and I'm in love with the Magenta Lunaria Foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful backgrounds and stamping, Susan! The dry embossing makes a lovely backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are stunning, Susan! You've got great results with the technique and I love the beautiful mix of colors! The shine of the black heat-embossed images and sentiments is pretty!
    The dry embossed panel behind the Gelli print panel (card 1) is a wonderful addition too.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my..I thought I already commented on your 2 beautiful cards, Susan. I loved your color combo and choice of stamped images and sentiments. I really liked your irregular circle borders too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.