A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 31 March 2023

Foiled Alcohol Ink with a French Sentiment

Sneaking in under the wire with a card for Christmas Cards All Year Round "Three French Hens".  One of the options is to use a French sentiment so I went with that.  I have a few French-speaking friends so it's good to get one done for them.


The background is alcohol inks on glossy cs, with gold foil rubbed onto the sticky bits that were slower to dry. I added a snowflake die cut from glitter cs. The sentiment is heat embossed with irridescent embossing powder so it also has some sparkle.

Depending on how the light hits it, you see more or less gold.  Here's one where the gold doesn't show but the snowflake really stands out:

 







Supplies:
Stamps - PTI sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Royal Blue
Paper - white cs, white glitter cs, glossy cs
Size - A2
Accessories - blue alcohol inks, gold foil, snowflake die, irridescent embossing powder



6 comments:

  1. Such beautiful blue alcohol ink colours Susan and the glittery white snowflake stands out so well over the top and the added gold foil adds a touch of richness to the overall look of the card and love the blue irridescent finish to the sentiment....a really elegant Christmas card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bright white snowflake looks beautiful on the pretty blue background! I really like the touches of gold too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great technique using the AI's and gold foil Susan - a beautiful white snowflake against the blue sky! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the splashes of gold foil look wonderful against the blue. I need to try this one again. Beautiful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful background to show off the pretty snowflake! Love all the gold foiling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous snowflake card, Susan! The Alcohol inked background with bits of foiling is amazing! I love this (AI + foiling) technique, and you got wonderful results. I ordered a jar of gilded flakes today, so I may try the flakes instead of foil with AI. The sparkly big snowflake is so pretty too.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.