A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 9 April 2023

Pet Sympathy and Poinsettias

A close friend just had to put her 10 year old dog to sleep so I made this card for her:


Festive Friday Challenge is celebrating National Pet Day.  They require three elements from their list.  I chose dog, paw prints, and embossing folder.

I stamped the dog in solid black first, then second generation inking, then third generation inking to depict the dog's departure from life.

I have a second card and it's for My Time to Craft Christmas challenge "poinsettias".

The poinsettias are coloured with Twinkling H2Os so have a lovely sparkle in real life.  They are die cut with an oval die and popped up on a gold panel cut with a stitched rectangle die.

Festive Friday Challenge "National Pet Day"

My Time to Craft Christmas "Poinsettias"

My Time To Craft Christmas!









Supplies for Card 1:
Stamps - SU D is for Dog
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - unknown embossing folder

Supplies for Card 2:
Stamps - SU Bells & Boughs; SSS sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white and gold cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Twinkling H2Os, Spellbinders oval die, fun foam, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die


8 comments:

  1. Making a card for someone who has lost a pet is as hard as a sympathy card for a loved one. Most pets are part of the family and sorely missed too. This is a sweet, touching card she will appreciate it so much. Beautiful poinsettias on your Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend will be so appreciative of the heartfelt card you made. I recently lost my 14 year pup and was brokenhearted. Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a sweet and thoughtful card for your friend, Susan. I love the generational stamping. Your poinsettia is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan B: Thank you for being a loyal supporter of MTTCC!!! Your choice of coloring medium for the poinsettias is perfect! Very pretty and elegant with the gold background! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect pet sympathy card Susan, and love the paws embossing in the background, and the three images each lighter than the last using second and third generation inking, and a lovely sentiment too. It is always sad when you lose a beloved pet, and then the pretty watercoloured poinsettias against that wonderful gold background..a perfect Christmas make. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the poinsettias against the gold background. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your friend will appreciate the sympathy card - the loss of a furry friend can be tough to bear. I love the sentiment on your card and the embossed pawprints make a lovely background. Thanks for sharing with us over at Festive Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I love that you used the stamp off ink technique to make three different colored dogs. The repeated stamping adds so much movement. The pawprint embossing folder adds wonderful texture. I know your friend will really appreciate this thoughtful card. So glad you joined us at Festive Friday this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.