A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 17 April 2023

Two Holiday Cards - One Christmas, One Easter

Can You Handle the Pressure is an "anything goes as long as you use an embossing folder" challenge so I did a Christmas card as I'm behind on my quota I try to get made each month ready for my sale in November.

I love text in the background of a card.  Usually I stamp the text but the challenge inspired me to use a text embossing folder instead.  The image is stamped and watercoloured, trimmed with an oval die, and bordered with red cut with the next larger oval die.

And for Easter, I made this card for My Time to Craft Challenge "Easter Flowers".

I put the wildflower stamp in my MISTI and inked it up with various Tombow markers, one colour at a time and spritzing each time. I pulled a bit of the colour out to fill in the flowers that just had outlines.

I stamped and fussy cut the nest and eggs, glued the eggs in the nest and set the nest in front of the wild flowers.

Can You Handle the Pressure?

Please Grab Our Badge

My Time to Craft "Easter Flowers"

My Time To Craft!








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - SU Beautiful Season, Impression Obsession sentimen
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - cream cs, red shimmer and cream shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Twinkling H2Os, script embossing folder, Spellbinders oval die cut

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Indigo Blu wildflowers, SU sentiment, SU Nature Walk eggs, Rubber Monger nest
Ink - Indigo Blu wildflowers, SU sentiment, SU Nature Walk eggs, Rubber Monger nest
Paper - mixed media and off-white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tombow markers

3 comments:

  1. Two beauties Susan, and I love the prettily coloured bird on the berry branch and looks great in the oval shape with the added red mat, and the embossed script makes a wonderful background. Then the Easter card and I love the use of markers straight to stamp for the delightful wildflowers, and the added nest and eggs is so sweet and pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautifully created, the flowers on the Easter card are such a pretty array of colors, almost like a painting!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet bird, Susan! Love the oval cut and mat with the embossed script in the background! Your spring garden is so pretty with the bright flowers and nest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.