A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 8 April 2023

G is for Gold

Sneaking under the wire for the ABC Christmas Challenge "G for Gold" with this card:

I was at a friend's house and she had a product called "gold watercolour ground" - it's meant to be used like gesso as a basis for painting on top of, but I just painted it on a piece of mixed media cs and decided it was gorgeous as is.

I die cut it into a panel with a stitched rectangle die and then die cut a partial circle out of it with a stitched circle die.

I also die cut a branch and a sentiment out of copper shimmer cs, and a bird out of three layers of mixed media cs. I put glue on the top bird and patted gilding flakes all over it and then burnished off the excess.

To keep the metallic theme, I used a cream shimmer cs for the card base.

ABC Christmas Challenge "G for Gold"

 







Supplies:
Paper - mixed media cs, bronze and cream shimme
Size - A2
Accessories - gold, watercolour ground, gilding flakes, TH bird die, Sizzix branch die, Lil Inkers stitched rectangle and circle dies, "be merry" die

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so pretty, Susan. The gilding flakes look beautiful on the bird and the gold watercolor ground is lovely. I've not heard of that product before but it made a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Susan, you just reminded me to pull out my gold watercolour grounds :). The gilding flake bird is gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so elegant, Susan! Love the gold background and that beautiful bird makes me want to get some more gilding flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gold background Susan and love the added bird which looks fabulous with the gilding flakes. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous and elegant, Susan!
    Love the beautiful bird and the parcial circle window design! The gold watercolor ground made a great panel for the gilded flake bird. Wonderful choice for the card base (shimme cs) too.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.