A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 22 April 2023

Colours with Dragonflies / Cardinals with Cups

For the Color Throwdown of green, yellow, and aqua:


I made a smooshed background with Distress Oxide inks on mixed media cs and added a bit of text stencilling for more interest.  I die cut the dragonflies corner twice and glued them together, then glued them on the corner. I bordered with a grey cs and popped the panel up on fun foam.

And, because I really need to get going on Christmas cards for my sale, I did a Christmas card for Stamping Sensations "Anything Stamped with a CAS Option".  Also for We Love Stamping "Birds or Animals", Double D "Things that Fly", and Country View Crafts Challenge "Things with Wings".


It's a stamp I've had for a while but never inked up - don't know why as I really like it!  So it's going to NBUS as well.  It's watercoloured, trimmed with  a pierced rectangle die, border with green, and popped up on a red shimmer card base.

Challenges:

Color Throwdown

 

Stamping Sensations

Please grab our logo 

We Love Stamping "Birds or Animals" 

Please share our challenge logo 

Double D "Things That Fly" 

The Double D's 

Country View Crafts Challenge "Things with Wings"

Help yourself to our buddy button

NBUS

Grab our badge to display on your blog.









Supplies for card 1:
Ink - Distress Oxide blues, yellow, and grey
Paper - white, grey, and mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box dragonfly corner die, TCW text stencil, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Power Poppy
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, green cs, red shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Spellbinders pierced rectangle die, fun foam

13 comments:

  1. We all do the same with stamps I think Susan, but pleased this saw some ink as you've made a lovely CAS card with it, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations (our theme is Birds/Animals at We Love Stamping, would be lovely to have you join us).

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards!! Love the background you created for your CTD card!! Yes, I totally understand the NBUS dilemma!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the inky background with the added stencilled text, and the dragonfly corner die looks great in white on the first, and then the delightful image used for the first time with the sweet cardinals, and bordered in green on that wonderful bright red card..the perfect seasonal make Susan. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards reflecting nature's wonderful winged creatures, Susan, and I love them both! They show your wonderful range from clean and simple to Mixed Media and your wonderful eye for color and design. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your smooshed background with the text, Susan. Those dragonflies are so sweet! LOVE the cardinals perched on the colourful bowls. I have this stamp set too ... it's awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gorgeous and artsy background you created for the dragonflies, Susan! Matching the color of the stenciled text with that of borders gives the card a sense of unity.
    The cardinals Christmas card is so pretty! Your watercoloring, framing, color palette is just wonderful!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beautiful red cardinals on this card. The stacked bowls are so pretty and the sentiment is lovely. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, "Things That Fly" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful smooshed background and love that Cardinal stamp, I might just have to borrow that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this card with the smooshing in the background and the dies in the foreground! Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us this week at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When will I ever learn to check that I'm not anonymous?! haha!

      Delete
  10. Wonderful set of contrasting cards. (non-CAS vs. CAS). Beautiful smooshed background on the first and adorable image on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful cards. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations

    ReplyDelete
  12. These dainty dragonflies are so pretty on this smooshed background, Susan! Love the colors! Your coloring of the cardinals and tea cups is beautifully done and such a sweet Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.